Advances in Cognitive Intelligent Systems for Sustainable Engineering: Concepts, architectures and practical applications (CoSSE 2022)
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cosse2022
- Prof. Swati Vijay Shinde, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Nigdi-Pradhikaran, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Maharashtra, India; Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Ripon Patgiri, National Institute of Technology Silchar, India, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Valentina Emilia Balas, Faculty of Engineering, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Arad, Romania, Email: email@example.com
About the Book:
This advanced research book focuses on the recent advances in cognitive intelligent systems (CISs) for different domains of engineering in the context of sustainable development. Cognitive Intelligent Systems have countless applications such as healthcare, agriculture, transport, energy, safety and education. Our lives are greatly impacted by the use of such systems through handheld and mobile computing devices. Response time of such services can be greatly reduced with the help of Edge Computing which brings computing and storage closer to the user locations. Such disruptive developments are improving the quality of human lives, but these developments must be made sustainable in terms of the use of natural resources and should not cause adverse effects for current and future generations.
Traditional techniques employed by farmers are often cumbersome and expensive and lack sustainability. Agricultural risks include the overuse of pesticides and fertilizers which can be a threat to the existence and sustenance of humankind. Time efficient, failsafe and cheaper intelligent technologies are needed to address these problems and ensure long-term sustainability. Cognitive intelligent systems replicate human intelligent behaviour as they are
goal-driven and learn from errors. Due to these characteristics, they have multi fold applications in nearly all domains. With the exponential rise in population, the continuous decrement in resources (such as land area for agriculture, labour and water), the move towards organic food products and the decrease in human involvement or dependency in agriculture, Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques and new computing architectures are playing an important role in and can be used to optimize additional resources and bring these applications to the user’s fingertips.
The proposed book focuses on the different applications of Cognitive Intelligence that will lead to sustainable developments to improve the quality of human lives for current and future generations. We plan to cover research and developments through services including healthcare decision support systems, fraud detection systems, weather forecasting, waste management, sustainable agriculture, traffic and pollution control, security and safety applications. This book will take stock of the knowledge and research in the fields of Cognitive Intelligent Systems and Machine and Deep learning Computing and their applications for sustainable development. We will begin with chapters on the fundamental concepts of cognitive intelligent systems (CIS) with the introduction of artificial neural networks and their architectures to better understand machine learning and deep learning. The introduction to CIS will be followed by chapters on deep learning architectures. We will then include chapters on practical applications of cognitive intelligence to different domains and for sustainable developments. These conceptual chapters will be followed by real-life case studies and illustrative examples. Each chapter will be supported by technological concepts and illustrative analysis and solutions to enlighten the readers.
Introduces cognitive intelligent models needed to address sustainable solutions for technological, social, environmental and economic applications.
Presents different architectures of cognitive computing and their applications to support end users.
Includes case studies and applications with real life examples and possible challenges when addressing them.
Offers new perspectives for the design, development, and commissioning of cognitive intelligent applications.
Provides comprehensive reviews on the latest intelligent technologies and algorithms related to state-of-the-art methodologies for the monitoring and mitigation of sustainable developments.
Puts forward insights into the next generation sustainable and intelligent monitoring techniques beneficial for achieving sustainable goals.
Topics include, but not limited to…
CoSSE focuses on the following topics but not limited to:
- Introduction to Cognitive Intelligent Systems and Architectures
- Computer Vision Systems: Image Classification/ Object Detection
- Deep learning models for Natural Language Processing
- Signal Processing Systems using AI techniques and their Applications
- Agricultural Applications such as Crop Classification and Leaf Disease Prediction Using an Image-based Approach
- Biomedical Applications using Deep Neural Networks
- Sentiment Analysis using Deep Neural Networks
- Image Captioning using Hybrid Architectures
- Fake News Detection using LSTM
- Sustainable Development Goals and AI for Sustainable Development Goals
- Preservation of Water/Soil/Fuel Resources/Global Warning and other Environmental Threats
- Applications of Solar Energy for Computer based Systems
- AI for Clean Water, Hygiene, Sanitation, and Affordable and Clean Energy
- Role and Impact Assessment of ICT for Sustainable Developments: Edge Computing, Fog Computing and Cloud Computing
- Internet of things (IOT) and Different Architectures for Digital Transformation
- Different IOT Architectures Environmental Effects of Sensor Networks and Miniature Devices
- Energy Efficient Distributed Computing Algorithms
- Green Computing : Cyber Physical Systems for Effective Energy Management
- Drone Computing: Challenges and Sustainable Solutions
- Case study 1: Agro-monitoring and Management Systems for Precision Agriculture
- Case Study 2: Biomedical Waste Management System
- Case Study 3: Sustainable Cities through Environment Pollution Control and Energy Saving.
- Caste Study 4: Supply Chain Management in Industrial Scenario
- Case Study 5: Smart Traffic Management Systems and Road Safety using AI-based Video Surveillance
- Case Study 6- AI for Smart City/ AI for Safety and Security/ AI for the Business Sector/AI for Quality Education
Tentative Schedule and Submission Link
|Abstract Submission:||30 November, 2021|
|Abstract Notification:||05 December, 2021|
|Full Chapter Submission:||20 January, 2022|
|Full Chapter Notification:||20 February, 2022|
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
- All chapters must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another book, journal or conference.
- Chapters should not exceed similarity index of 10% excluding references.
- Submit a chapter summary of 250 words appx. Summary should include the tentative title, author affiliations, abstract & keywords before 30th November 2021. Further instructions about the full chapter submissions will be communicated upon acceptance of the summary. For queries, contact on, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Ph.- 7350318050, 9508631596.
- Full and final chapter length 15-25 pages.
- Author must propose their book chapter proposal within 30 November, 2021.
- Chapters should be formatted using IET template.
All accepted book chapters will be published in IET book series (Approved). This series is indexed in SCOPUS, IET and other major indexes.
No publication charge.