Academic/Industrial Experience: 5+ years
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS)
B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Technical University (RGTU-Bhopal).
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITDM-Jabalpur).
Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering (Thesis Submitted, Under MoU with IIT Guwahati).
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Digital Image Processing
- Multimedia Security
- Image Forensics
- Speech Processing
- Application of Dynamic Stochastic Resonance in Image and Audio processing.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Graphics
- Speech Processing
- Digital Image Processing
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “CMFD: A detailed review of block based and key feature based techniques in image copy-move forgery detection”, Published in IET Journal of Image Processing, 2017, DOI:, ISSN: Vol.12, issue:2, pp.167-178 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Saswati Debnath, Pradip k. Das, “Text-dependent speaker verification using classical LBG, adaptive LBG and FCM vector quantization”, Published in International Journal of Speech Technology Springer, 2016, DOI:10.1007/s10772-016-9346-4, ISSN 1381-2416 Vol.19, issue:3, pp.525-536 (Online).
- Rajib Kumar Jha, Badal Soni, Kiyoharu Aizawa, “Logo Extraction from Audio Signals by Utilization of Internal Noise”, Published in IETE Journal of research, vol.59, issue: 3, pp.270-279, DOI:10.4103/0377-2063.116092 (Taylor & Francis Online).
- K Sonavane, Badal Soni, Umakanta Majhi, “Survey on Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANR)”, Published in International Journal of Computer Applications, 2015.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam and Debalina Biswas, “Copy-Move Attack Detection from Digital Images: An Image Forensic Approach”, Accepted in Springer, 6th International Conference of Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics, to be held on 4-6th June 2018, Assam, India.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “multiCMFD: fast and efficient system for multiple copy-move forgeries detection in image”, Published in ACM, International Conference on Image and Graphics Processing (ICIGP 2018), Hong Kong, February 24-26, 2018 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Debalina Biswas, “Image Forensic using Block-based Copy-move Forgery Detection”, Accepted in IEEE, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks, SPIN 2018, Delhi, India.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Improved Block-based Technique using SURF and FAST Keypoints Matching for Copy-Move Attack Detection”, Accepted in IEEE, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks, SPIN 2018, Delhi, India.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “An Efficient Block Phase Correlation Approach for CMFD System”, Accepted in International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networking (ICCAN 2017), To be published in Springer, 15-16 Dec 2017, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Copy-Move Tampering Detection based on Local Binary Pattern Histogram Fourier Feature”, Accepted in International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology, (ICCCT-2017), Published in ACM digital library (ISBN: 978-1-4503-5324-3), doi>10.1145/3154979.3155001, 24-26 Nov , 2017, MNNIT Allahabad, India (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Blur Invariant Block based Copy-Move Forgery Detection Technique using FWHT Features”, International Conference on Watermarking and Image Processing (ICWIP-2017), Published in ACM Digital Library, ISBN: 978-1-4503-5307-6 doi>10.1145/3150978.3150987, 6-8 Sept 2017, Paris, France (Online).
- Kiran Sonavane, Badal Soni, “Optimization of multiple sequence alignment (MSA) using invariant code extraction and static thread scheduling”, Published in IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), 2017, DOI: 10.1109/I2CT.2017.8226313, Mumbai, India (Online).
- Saswati Debnath, Badal Soni, Pradip Kr. Das, “Text-constrained Speaker Verification using Fuzzy C Means Vector Quantization”, IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP-2015), pp.1511 – 1515, ISBN: 978-1-4799-8080-2, 2-4 April 2015 (Online).
- Saswati Debnath, Badal Soni, Ujwala Baruah, “Text-Dependent Speaker Verification System: A Review” IEEE Sponsored 9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO), 9th and 10th Jan.2015, pp.1 – 7, DOI:10.1109/ISCO.2015.7282386 (Online).
- Onkar Krishna, Rajib Jha, Anil Tiwari, Badal Soni “Noise Induced Segmentation of Noisy Color Image” 19th IEEE National Conference on Communications (NCC-2013), pp. 1-5, held at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi on February 15-17, 2013 (Online).
- Rajib Kumar Jha, Badal Soni, Rajlaxmi Chouhan, Kiyoharu Aizawa, “Improved Watermark Extraction from Audio Signals by Scaling of Internal Noise in DCT Domain,” Published in Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Springer-Verlag, 2012, vol. 166, pp. 235-243, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-30157-5_24 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam (2018), “An Efficient Block Phase Correlation Approach for CMFD System,” In: Pattnaik P., Rautaray S., Das H., Nayak J. (eds) Progress in Computing, Analytics and Networking, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 710, Springer, Singapore (Online).
- Professional Member, IEEE
- Professional Member, ACM
- Professional Member, IAENG
- Professional Member, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Co-ordinator, One Week Workshop On “Advances in Image Processing and Soft Computing Techniques” during 20-24 February 2017.
- Co-ordinator, One Week Workshop on “Application of Machine Learning” during 20th to 24th March 2017.