Academic/Industrial Experience: 6+ years
Google Scholar: Click
Research Gate: Click
B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Technical University Bhopal.
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Indian Institute of Information Technology Jabalpur.
Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering (Under MoU with NIT Silchar and IIT Guwahati).
RESEARCH AREA and SPECIALIZATION
- Image Processing
- Multimedia Security
- Image Forensics
- Machine Learning
- Speech Processing
- Application of Dynamic Stochastic Resonance in Image and Audio processing.
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Data Structures
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Graphics
- Machine Learning
- Speech Processing
- Digital Image Processing
M. Tech Dissertation Supervised/Ongoing
|Sl. No.||Name||Scholar No.||Year||Project Title|
|13-25-109||2015||Vector Quantization based Modelling Technique in Text dependent Speaker Verification System|
|2||Mr. Kirna Sonavane||14-25-110||2017||Porting and Optimization of Multiple Sequence Alignment on Intel Xeon Phi Architecture|
|3||Mr. Shiv Sankar Nath||15-25-112||2017||An Efficient and Robust Copy-Move Forgery Detection in Digital Images|
|4||Mr. Vishwajeet Singh||16-25-103||2018||Emotion Recognition from EEG signals|
|5||Ms. Debalina Biswas||17-25-106||Image Dehazing using Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization and Guided Filter|
Ph. D. Supervised/Ongoing: Ongoing (02)
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Geometric transformation invariant block based copy-move forgery detection using fast and efficient hybrid local features”, Published in Elsevier, Journal of Information Security and Applications, 2019, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jisa.2019.01.007 , Vol. 45, pp. 44-51 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Keypoints based enhanced multiple copymove forgeries detection system using density-based spatial clustering of application with noise clustering algorithm”, Published in IET Journal of Image Processing, 2018, DOI: 10.1049/iet-ipr.2018.5576 , Print ISSN 1751-9659, Online ISSN 1751-9667 (Online).
- Nilesh Dilipkumar Gharde, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, Badal Soni, Saroj Kr. Biswas, “Robust perceptual image hashing using fuzzy color histogram”, Published in Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer, Jun 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6115-1, Vol. 77, issue 23, pp 30815–30840 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, and Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Dual System for Copy-move Forgery Detection using Block-based LBP-HF and FWHT Features,” Engineering Letters, vol. 26, no.1, pp. 171-180, 2018 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “CMFD: A detailed review of block based and key feature based techniques in image copy-move forgery detection”, Published in IET Journal of Image Processing, 2017, DOI: 10.1049/iet-ipr.2017.0441, ISSN:1751-9667, Vol.12, issue:2, pp.167-178 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Saswati Debnath, Pradip k. Das, “Text-dependent speaker verification using classical LBG, adaptive LBG and FCM vector quantization”, Published in International Journal of Speech Technology Springer, 2016, DOI:10.1007/s10772-016-9346-4, ISSN 1381-2416, Vol.19, issue:3, pp.525-536 (Online).
- Rajib Kumar Jha, Badal Soni, Kiyoharu Aizawa, “Logo Extraction from Audio Signals by Utilization of Internal Noise”, Published in IETE Journal of research, vol.59, issue: 3, pp.270-279, DOI:10.4103/0377-2063.116092 (Taylor & Francis Online).
- K Sonavane, Badal Soni, Umakanta Majhi, “Survey on Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANR)”, Published in International Journal of Computer Applications, 2015.
- Debalina Biswas and Badal Soni, “Image Dehazing using Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization and Guided Filter”, Accepted in IEEE International Conference on Vision Towards Emerging Trends in Communication and Networking (ViTECoN’19) to be held on 30-31 March 2019 at Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India.
- Debalina Biswas and Badal Soni, “Foggy Image Enhancement using Modified Adaptive Histogram Equalization and Guided Filter”, Accepted in Springer, International Conference on Machine Learning, Image Processing, Network Security and Data Sciences, to be held on 3-4 March 2019, NIT Kurukshetra, India.
- Rajib Jha, Badal Soni, and Sumit Kumar, “A Combined LoG and Dynamic Stochastic Resonance Based Technique for Edge Detection from Noisy Images”, Accepted in IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances in Computational Systems organized by the IEEE Kerala Section, to be held during December 6-8, 2018.
- Prachi Mathur, Kanasani Monica and Badal Soni, “Improved Fusion-based Technique for Underwater Image Enhancement”, Accepted in IEEE, 4th International Conference on Computing Communication and Automation (ICCCA), to be held on 14-15 December 2018, Noida, India.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam and Debalina Biswas, “Copy-Move Attack Detection from Digital Images: An Image Forensic Approach”, Accepted in Springer, 6th International Conference of Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics, to be held on 4-6th June 2018, Assam, India.
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “multiCMFD: fast and efficient system for multiple copy-move forgeries detection in image”, Published in ACM, International Conference on Image and Graphics Processing (ICIGP 2018), Hong Kong, February 24-26, 2018 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Debalina Biswas, “Image Forensic using Block-based Copy-move Forgery Detection”, Published in IEEE, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks, SPIN 2018, Delhi, India(Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Improved Block-based Technique using SURF and FAST Keypoints Matching for Copy-Move Attack Detection”, Published in IEEE, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks, SPIN 2018, Delhi, India (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “An Efficient Block Phase Correlation Approach for CMFD System”, Accepted in International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networking (ICCAN 2017), To be published in Springer, 15-16 Dec 2017, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Copy-Move Tampering Detection based on Local Binary Pattern Histogram Fourier Feature”, Accepted in International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology, (ICCCT-2017), Published in ACM digital library (ISBN: 978-1-4503-5324-3), 24-26 Nov , 2017, MNNIT Allahabad, India (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam, “Blur Invariant Block based Copy-Move Forgery Detection Technique using FWHT Features”, International Conference on Watermarking and Image Processing (ICWIP-2017), Published in ACM Digital Library, ISBN: 978-1-4503-5307-6, 6-8 Sept 2017, Paris, France (Online).
- Kiran Sonavane, Badal Soni, “Optimization of multiple sequence alignment (MSA) using invariant code extraction and static thread scheduling”, Published in IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), 2017, DOI: 10.1109/I2CT.2017.8226313, Mumbai, India (Online).
- Saswati Debnath, Badal Soni, Pradip Kr. Das, “Text-constrained Speaker Verification using Fuzzy C Means Vector Quantization”, IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP-2015), pp.1511 – 1515, ISBN: 978-1-4799-8080-2, 2-4 April 2015 (Online).
- Saswati Debnath, Badal Soni, Ujwala Baruah, “Text-Dependent Speaker Verification System: A Review” IEEE Sponsored 9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO), 9th and 10th Jan.2015, pp.1 – 7, DOI:10.1109/ISCO.2015.7282386 (Online).
- Onkar Krishna, Rajib Jha, Anil Tiwari, Badal Soni “Noise Induced Segmentation of Noisy Color Image” 19th IEEE National Conference on Communications (NCC-2013), pp. 1-5, held at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi on February 15-17, 2013 (Online).
- Rajib Kumar Jha, Badal Soni, Rajlaxmi Chouhan, Kiyoharu Aizawa, “Improved Watermark Extraction from Audio Signals by Scaling of Internal Noise in DCT Domain,” Published in Advances in Computer Science, Engineering & Applications, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Springer-Verlag, 2012, vol. 166, pp. 235-243, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-30157-5_24 (Online).
- Badal Soni, Pradip K. Das, Dalton Meitei Thounaojam (2018), “An Efficient Block Phase Correlation Approach for CMFD System,” In: Pattnaik P., Rautaray S., Das H., Nayak J. (eds) Progress in Computing, Analytics and Networking, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 710, Springer, Singapore (Online).
- Professional Member, IEEE
- Professional Member, ACM
- Professional Member, IAENG
- Professional Member, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Co-ordinator, One Week Workshop On “Advances in Image Processing and Soft Computing Techniques” during 20-24 February 2017.
- Co-ordinator, One Week Workshop on “Application of Machine Learning” during 20th to 24th March 2017.