Call for Book Chapter
Healthcare 2020: Computing Technique is one of the key technologies that is being currently used to perform medical diagnostics in the Healthcare domain, thanks to the abundance of medical data being generated and collected. Nowadays, medical data is available in many different forms like MRI images, CT Scan images, EHR data, Test reports, histopathological data, Doctor Patient conversation data, etc. This opens up huge opportunities for the application of computing techniques, to derive data driven models that can be of very high utility, in terms of providing effective treatment to patients. Moreover, Machine Learning algorithms can uncover hidden patterns and relationships present in medical datasets, which are too complex to uncover, if a data driven approach is not taken. With the help of computing systems, today, it is possible for researchers to predict an accurate medical diagnosis for new patients, using models built from previous patient data. Apart from automatic diagnostic tasks, computing techniques have also been applied in the process of drug discovery, by which a lot of time and money can be saved. Utilization of Genomic data using various computing techniques are other emerging area, which may in fact be the key to fulfilling the dream of personalized medications. Medical prognostics is another area in which Machine Learning has shown great promise recently, where automatic prognostic models are being built that can predict the progress of the disease, as well as can suggest the potential treatment paths to get ahead of the disease progression. Our book on “Health Informatics: A Computational Perspective in Healthcare” aims at attracting research works, to demonstrate the potential and the advancements of computing approaches to utilize healthcare centric and medical datasets.
|Abstract registration deadline:
|May 20, 2020
|May 20, 2020 [Firm Deadline.]
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
- A chapter cannot exceeds plagiarism of 15% excluding references.
- A chapter cannot be submitted multiple places.
- Length of the pages: 12-40 pages.
- The chapter must be formatted as per the guideline, link: https://www.springer.com/de/authors-editors/book-authors-editors/resources-guidelines/book-manuscript-guidelines/manuscript-preparation/5636
- Review process is single blind. Therefore, author names and affiliations must be included. Do not write professional title, like Dr., Prof., etc.
List of Topics
- Introduction to Health informatics
- Machine Learning in Healthcare
- Data Mining approaches in Healthcare
- Smart Healthcare
- Wearable technology
- Precision healthcare
- Healthcare: Devices, Systems and Innovative Technologies
- Medical Image Processing
- Optimization in healthcare
- Clinical decision support systems
- Electronic medical data
- E-health Applications
- Big Data Analytics for Healthcare
- Internet of Things in Healthcare
- Cloud Computing in Healthcare
- Fog Computing in Healthcare
- Impact of Social Media in Healthcare
- Security in Healthcare
- Issues, Challenges and Future Directions
- Case studies : Cancer, Diabetes, Flu etc.
- Dr. Ripon Patgiri, National Institute of Technology Silchar
- Dr. Anupam Biswas, National Institute of Technology Silchar
- Dr. Pinki Roy, National Institute of Technology Silchar
The book, Healtcare 2020, will be published in “Studies in Computational Intelligence“, Springer Nature which is indexed in Web of Science, EI-Compendex, DBLP, SCOPUS, Google Scholar and Springerlink.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com