Contact Number: +91-*********
Email: malayaduttaborah[at]cse.nits.ac.in | malayaduttaborah[at]gmail.com
Date of Joining: 12/06/2018
Academic/Industrial Experience: 10+ years
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Delhi
- M. E. in Computer Technology and Applications from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi
- B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering from North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Cloud Computing
- e-Governance System
- 7.10 Years (Teaching and Research in Engineering Colleges: Assam Engineering College, CITC (a study centre of Sikkim Manipal University), Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Inderprastha Engineering College.
- 2.6 Years (Training, Rural Development at Community Information Centre, Dhakuakhana, under NIC Lakhimpur, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Govt. of India)
- June 12, 2018 onwards at NIT Silchar, Silchar, Assam
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Data Structures
- Computer Organization
- Advance Computer Architecture
- Expert Systems
- Electro Technology-II
- Data Warehouse and Data Mining
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
B.E/B.TECH PROJECT GUIDED:
- Three groups, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Three groups, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Inderprastha Engineering College
M.E SCHOLAR GUIDED:
- Mr. Abhinav Kumar Dwivedi,Roll No. 02/CTA/2K10,Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Delhi Technological University, Title of Thesis:Improving Performance in Mining Algorithms, Year of completion: 2012
PhD SCHOLAR GUIDED:
- (on going – Joint Supervisor): Miss Pratima Sharma,Roll No. 2K18/PhD/CSE/01,Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Delhi Technological University,Delhi
PUBLICATIONS: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Rajni Jindal, “An approach for high utility incremental pattern mining”, International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Vol.10, No. 2, pp. 124-152, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJDATS.2018.092445.
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Rajni Jindal, “A study on Incremental Mining of Frequent Patterns”, Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences. Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 97-112, 2018. DOI: http://dx. doi.org/10.4314/jfas.v10i2.8.
- Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah,“A novel approach for mining frequent patterns from incremental data”, International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management, Vol. 8, No.3, DOI: 10.1504/IJDMMM.2016.079071.
- Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah, “Predictive Analytics in Higher Educational Context”, IT Professional, IEEE, Vol. 17, Issue 4, pp. 24-33, 2015 DOI: 10.1109/MITP.2015.68.
- Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah, “A Survey on Educational Data Mining and Research Trends”, International Journal of Database Management Systems, Vol.05, No.03, pp. 53 – 73, 2013, DOI: 10.5121/ijdms.
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Rajni Jindal, “Constraint based Frequent Pattern Mining from Incremental Educational data: Educational Data Mining Approach”. Accepted for publication at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Education, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia, March 1-2, 2016.
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Rajni Jindal, “Constraint based filtering for Incremental Data Mining”, In proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks, Jabalpur, India, December 12-14, 2015.DOI:1109/CICN.2015.163.
- Prashant Shrivastava, Edwin Basil Mathew, Ayush Yadav, Parijat P. Bezbaruah, Malaya D. Borah, “ Smoke Alarm-Analyzer and Site Evacuation System(S.A.A.N.S)” in proc of IEEE 2014 Texax Instruments India Educators’ Conference, April 4-5, Bangalore, pp. 144-150, DOI: 10.1109/TIIEC.2014.032.
- Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah, “An approach to generate students’ response on learning environment using Association Rule Mining”, in proc of IEEE 2014 International Conference on Data Mining and Intelligent Computing (ICDMIC),Delhi, India, pp 1-5, September 5-6, 2014 doi: 1109/ICDMIC.2014.6954225.
- Daya Gupta, Malaya Dutta Borah, Gokul Pandey, “EDU-OPT”-A Decision Support Tool”, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) ,Delhi Section Convention, On “Technological Universities and Institutions in New Knowledge Age: Future Perspectives and Action Plan”, Organized by Delhi Technological University,Book of Abstract pp 12, 5-6 September 2013.
- Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah, “Predicting Time Complexity and Accuracy of Branch Decision using Modified Heuristic Function”, in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on NUiCONE 2012, India, 06-08 December 2012.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka ,Malaya Dutta Borah , “Cost benefit analysis of cloud computing in education”, IEEE -2012 International Conference on Computing, Communication and Applications (ICCCA), Print IEEE ISBN: 978-1-4673-0270-8, pp 1-6, 22-24, 2012, DO I: 10.1109/ICCCA.2012.6179142.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka ,Malaya Dutta Borah “A Study on Cloud OS”, IEEE -2012 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies pp.692-697, May11-13, 2012, Rajkot, Gujrat, India, DOI: 10.1109/CSNT.2012.154.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka ,Malaya Dutta Borah ,“Role of Cloud Computing in Education”, IEEE: 2012 International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education-Kumaracoil-KK,Nagercoil,TamilNadu,India, pp. 832-836, 2012, DOI:10.1109/ ICCEET .2012 .6203884.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka ,Malaya Dutta Borah ,“Problems & Prospects of Indian Vocational Training & Education” , IEEE International Conference on Technology Enhanced Education (ICTEE), Organized by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kerala,India, pp. 1-7, January 3-5, 2012, DOI: 10.1109/ICTEE .2012 .6 20 8650.
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Rajni Jindal, Daya Gupta, Ganesh Ch. Deka “Application of knowledge based decision technique to Predict student’s enrollment decision”, IEEE -2011 International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Systems, Organised by Jadavpur University ,Kolkata ,India, ISBN no: 978-1-4577-0791-9, IEEE catalog Number:CFP1142P-CDR,December21-23,2011, pp. 180-184., DOI : 10.1109/ReTIS.2011.6146864.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “Problems & Prospects of e-Governance in India”, published in IEEE – 2011 International Conference on World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies, organised by Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs) and University of Mumbai, December 11-14,2011, pp. 42 – 47, DOI:1109/WICT.2011. 6141215.
- Daya Gupta, Rajni Jindal, Malaya Dutta Borah, “A Knowledge Discovery based Decision Technique in Engineering Education Planning”, International Conference on Data Mining, Macmillan Advanced Research Series “ Emerging Trends & Technologies in Data management”, Organised by Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad, pp 94-102, November 17-19, 2011
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “ICT Its Role in e-Governance and Rural Development”. In: Abraham A., Lloret Mauri J., Buford J.F., Suzuki J., Thampi S.M. (eds) Advances in Computing and Communications. ACC 2011. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol 191. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2011, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-22714-1_23.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “Role of E-Agriculture in Rural Development in Indian Context”, International conference on Emerging Trends in Networks and Computer Communications, Organized by The Institution Of Engineers Udaipur,India, IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1196N-CDR ,ISBN: 978-1-4577-0238-9, pp 320-323, , April 22-24, 2011, DOI: 10.1109/ETNCC.2011.6255913.
- Malaya Dutta Borah, Ganesh Ch. Deka,“ Infrastructure & Agriculture : The tool for poverty eradication in NER” in proc. of the International Conference on Resource Development and Environmental Change: Emerging Issues and Challenges. Organized by : Department of Geography, AMU, Abstrcat pp. 83,Jan 27- 29, 2009,
- G C Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “E-waste Disposal : The challenges for environment” in proc. of the International Conference on Resource Development and Environmental Change: Emerging Issues and Challenges. Organized by : Department of Geography, AMU, Abstract pp 46, Jan 27th to 29th 2009.
PUBLICATIONS: NATIONAL CONFERENCE
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah ,“Application of “Wireless Regional Area Network” in creating community Network” 3rd National Conference on Computing for nation Development INDIACom-2009, Organized by: Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and management, Rohtak Road, New Delhi-63, ISBN 978=81-904526-6-3 ,ISSN 0973-7529 , pp 227, Feb. 26- 28, 2009.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “ Application of ICT in bridging the Digital gap in NE states of India” National conference on Architect ring Future IT Systems (NCAFIS 08),Organized by: School of Computer Science & Information Technology & School of Electronics, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, MP , pp 332-337, October 17-18 2008.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “ICT: A new horizon for primary education in Rural India”, National conference on Professional Education in Knowledge Economy. Organised by: University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobin Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi , ISBN 978-81-906531-7-6,pp 417-427, July 24th, 2008.
- Ganesh Ch. Deka, Malaya Dutta Borah, “Learning in the Age of Global Information and Communication Technology: e-learning in India , its prospect and future”, “AICTE Sponsored National Seminar on Enterprise Information Systems” Organized by: Apeejay Institute of Management Rama Mandi-Hoshiarpur Road Jalandhar-144007 , ISBN 978-81-8450-183-4 , pp 237-245 , May 24th, 2008.
- International Conference on Big Data, Machine Learning and Applications (BigDML 2019). 16-19 December, 2019, NIT Silchar, Assam ( as Organizing Chair)
- 2nd International Conference on Modern Mathematical Methods and High Performance Computing in Science and Technology (Springer).4-6 January 2018, Inderprastha Engineering College (as Organizing member)
- India International Conference on Information Processing 2016 (IEEE),12-14 August 2016, Delhi Technological University, Delhi (as Organizing member)
- Two day workshop on Recent Advances in Software Engineering, 20-21 April 2012, Delhi Technological University, Delhi (as Organizing member)
- One day workshop on Recent Trends in Software Testing, 17 September 2010, Delhi Technological University, Delhi (as Organizing member)
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM/SEMINAR/WORKSHOP/SYMPOSIA ATTENDED
- TEQIP-III sponsored One Week Workshop on “ Recent Research Trends & Future Perspective of Machine Learning in Academics and Industry” Organised by Dept. of CSE, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar and GUIST, Guwahati, Assam. 01-05 October, 2018.
- TEQIP-III sponsored two days workshop on “ Outcome Based Education & Accreditation (WOBEA 2018) Organised by NIT Silchar and GUIST, Guwahati, Assam. 30th September 2018-01st October 2018.
- TEQIP-III sponsored Eight day FDP on “Universal Human values and Professional Ethics”, Inderprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad, U.P-201010, 09-16 January, 2018
- One day FDP on “Virtual Lab” by IIT Delhi, Inderprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad, U.P-201010, 28 November 2017
- One week FDP on “High Performance Computing, Parallel Programming and Administration”, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Inderprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad, U.P-201010, 17-22 July, 2017
- One week FDP on “Cryptography & Algebraic Coding Theory”, Department of Applied Science & Humanities and Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Inderprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad, U.P-201010, 14-18 March, 2017
- TEQIP-II sponsored one week FDP on “Advances in Information Security”, Dept. of Computer Engineering, Delhi Technological University(DTU), Delhi-110042,18-22 January, 2016
- TEQIP-II sponsored FDP on “Nature Inspired Algorithms & Their Applications”, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, DTU , Delhi-110042,13-17 July, 2015
- Academic Workshop on “ Big data and Ontology”, of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi, Delhi-16, 19th September, 2015
- One day workshop on “Intellectual property Rights Awareness”, DeitY, Dept. of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and IT, Govt. of India, conducted by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women,Delhi-110006, 26th September 2014
- One week FDP on “Recent Trends in Big Data and Cloud Computing”, Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women,Delhi-110006, 6-22 December 2013
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) ,Delhi Section Convention, On “Technological Universities and Institutions in New Knowledge Age: Future Perspectives and Action Plan, DTU, Delhi-110042, 5-6 September 2013
- Two day FDP on Data Mining and Semantic Web, Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies , Delhi-110085, 14-15 June 2013
- Two day workshop on Recent Advances in Software Engineering, DTU, Delhi-110042, 20-21 April 2012
- One day Seminar cum workshop on Mathematics and Computing, DTU, Delhi-110042, 22nd March 2012
- Two day FDP on Enterprise report delivery roadmap through Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies , Delhi-110085, 29-30 July 2011
- One day Seminar on CAN and CAN Open technology, DTU, Delhi-110042, 29 September 2010
- One day FDP Cloud Computing, Software Assurance and Testing, Bharitya Vidyapith College of Management, Delhi-110063 and TCS Delhi, 18 September 2010
- One day workshop on Recent Trends in Software Testing, DTU, Delhi-110042, 17 September 2010
- Two day National Program on Knowledge power in the world of learning, DTU, Delhi-110042, 25-26 August 2008
- Two day National Program on Motivation and Orientation Programme for faculty members of Engineering Institutions, DTU, Delhi-110042, 22-23 August 2008
- One week Training programme for CIC Operators, NIC Guwahati, Assam State Unit, Guwahati- 781005, 25 August – 05 September 2002
- One day workshop on Patent Awareness, NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh-791109, 17 October 2000
ACADEMIC HONOURS/ AWARDS /RECOGNITION
- Phase 1 Consolation Winner (as Faculty Mentor), Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge, India Analog Design Contest 2014, awarded on April 5, 2014 as a part of “TI India Educators’ Conference 2014″
- Session Chair: International Conference on Application of Computing and Communication Technologies (ICACCT-2018), organized by Shyama Prasad Mukherji College, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Member of Editorial Review Board, (International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change , IGI-Global)
- IEEE Transaction on Computers (Year 2014), (IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 64, no. 1, January 2015).
- Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC), IGI-Global (May 2017).
- International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems (IJAEIS), IGI-Global.
- International Journal of Autonomic Computing, Inderscience.
- International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change (IJISSC), IGI Global ( August 2018)
- India International Conference on Information Processing 2016, Delhi Technological University, Delhi and reviewer of many conferences of repute.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY : INSTITUTE LEVEL
- Member of Social Wellness and Awareness Team (SWAT), NIT Silchar ( w.e.f. 18/02/2019…contd.)
- Member of Technical Committee-Purchase for Centre of Natural Language Processing, NIT Silchar (w.e.f 10/01/2019…contd.)
- Associate Warden- Girls Hostel-3, NIT Silchar.( w.e.f. 20/08/2018…contd.)
- Officer In-charge (International Collaborations – IPEC, duration: 07/07/17- 06/06/2018)
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- NSS Group leader at B.Tech level, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST), Arunachal Pradesh
- Various prize holder of sports/cultural activities at institute level
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Associate member of Computer Society of India (CSI) (Membership No.: 00173524)
- Member of IEEE (Membership No.: 94117178)
- Regular Member of Machine Intelligence Research(MIR) Lab