Date of Joining: 30/08/2004
Academic/Industrial Experience: 14+ Years
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Ph.D. from National Institute of Technology, Silchar,2014(under IITG-NITS MOU scheme)
- M.Tech from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra, 2004.
- B.Tech from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra, 2002.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Speech Processing
- Machine Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Indian Language Identification
- Health Informatics
Dr. Pinki Roy has served as Lecturer in Naval Institute of Technology, Colaba, Mumbai, India from February’2004 to August 2004. She has Joined National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam as Assistant Professor on August 2004.
Dr. Pinki Roy received her B. Tech degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra (2002, First class with distinction) and M. Tech degree (2004, First class with distinction) from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra. She has received her Ph.D. degree in the year 2014 in the field of Language Identification from National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam-788010, India. (Under NIT-Silchar and Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati MOU scheme). She was working as a Lecturer in Naval Institute of Technology, Colaba, Mumbai, India. (from February’2004 to August 2004). She is currently working as an Assistant Professor, NIT Silchar, Assam, India and her research interests include Language Identification, Speech Processing, Machine Intelligence and Cloud Computing.
Title of the Ph.D Thesis: - Automatic Identification of Indian languages based on various statistical approaches.
Thesis Description:-Here work was mainly focussed on identification of Indian spoken languages especially prevalent in Northeast India. Various existing statistical approaches were compared and a new hybrid approach was proposed for identification of Indian languages with our own recorded database. It has been proved from our experiments that our proposed hybrid approach is better than existing techniques. The research work was published in various IEEE conferences in India and abroad. Our work was also published in various unpaid international Journals like IJST, Springer (regular issue) and Inderscience. Details of the publications are given in Journals and conference listed below.
- “Distinguished Alumnus Award”, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar technological university, Lonere, Maharashtra, 2014.
- “Young Scientist Award”, Venus International foundation, Chennai 2015. Awarded for major contribution in research during PhD. Profile available online in the link— http://viraw.info/ra15list/ra15/Pinki.html
- “Rastriya Gaurav Award”, India International Friendship Society, New Delhi 2015.
- “Bharat Excellence Award”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
- “Best Golden personalities Award”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
- “Global Award for Education”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
- Honored as one of the “Most Distinguished Lady Alumni” by Computer Engineering Department of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere-402103, Maharashtra, India.
Ph.D. SCHOLARS GUIDED
- Suyel Namasudra, 2014-2017,
Title of the thesis:-: ‘Efficient and Secure Data Accessing in the Cloud Computing Environment’.
Ongoing (Full Time)
- Saswati Debnath, 2015, ‘Authentication based on Audio-visual recognition of speech’. (Research in progress)
- Banamali Das, 2018,’Emotion Recognition Using Audio-Visual Features’’. (Research in progress)
- Sujit Kumar Das, 2018, ‘Machine Learning based Automatic Diagnosis and Prognosis of Diabetes Mellitus’. (Research in progress)
- Arnab Kumar Mishra, 2018, ‘Automatic Cancer Diagnosis and Prognosis Using Machine Learning Techniques’. (Research in progress)
Ongoing (Part Time)
- Himanish Shekar Das, 2015, ‘Speech processing and language identification of Indian languages’. (Research in progress).
- Happy Nath, 2017, ‘Medical diagnosis Expert system’. (Research in progress).
- Mr. Binayak Das, 2017, ‘Speech based Healthcare’. (Research in progress).
M.Tech SCHOLARS GUIDED
- Irshed Hussain, ‘Language Identification of spoken digits using K-ANFIS-SCG for speaker dependent system’. (Submitted 2016)
- Nilima Ahmed, ‘Speech and Facial Feature Based Authentication System’. (Submitted 2017)
- Lalduhsaka, ‘Feature Selection Using Genetic Algorithm to Improve Diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease’. (Ongoing)
TECHNICAL/ORGANIZING PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBER
- International conference on Signal processing and Integrated Networks, IEEE. February 20-21st, SPIN-2014.
- 2nd International conference on Signal processing and Integrated Networks, IEEE. February 19-20st, SPIN-2015.
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, ICCCA ’2015 May 15-16th, 2015.
- International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication’2015 September 14-15th, 2015.
- 10th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (ICCMS-2018), 8-10 January, 2018.
- International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Internet of Things (ICCIIoT), December 14-15, 2018.
- 6th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics (ICACNI), June 04-06, 2018.
- 5th International Conference on Signal processing and Integrated Networks(SPIN-2018) IEEE. February 22-23rd, 2018.
- International Conference on Computing: Communication, Networks and Security(IC3NS-2018), February 23-24th, 2018.
- International Conference on Big Data, Machine Learning and Applications (BigDML-2019), December 16-19th, 2019.
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS ETC. ATTENDED
- ICCIC’2010, Coimbatore, India,” Review of Language Identification Techniques”, 27th Dec-2010 to 30th Dec-2010.
- ICCEE’2011 Quality hotel, Singapore, “Automatic Language Identification of three Indian Languages using Vector Quantization”, 13th Oct-2011 to 16th Oct-2011.
- IEMCONGRESS-2014 Science city, Kolkata, “India Comparison of SVMs and NNs approach for automatic identification of Indian languages”, 28th Aug-2014 to 29th Aug-2014.
- ICCMS-2018, Sydney, Australia “Speaker Independent Isolated Word Recognition based on ANOVA and IFS”, 8-10 January 2018.
- IEMGRAPH-2018, Kolkata, India, “Automatic Speech Recognition based on Clustering technique”, 6 – 7 September, 2018.
- Seventeenth International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata A Survey of Classification Techniques using Fuzzy Neural Networks for Speech Recognition 24th Nov-2015 to 27th Nov-2015.
- ISI-NIT SILCHAR SPRING SCHOOL ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY: Tool AND TECHNIQUES Organized by Machine Intelligence unit, ISI Kolkata and Department of CSE, NIT-Silchar, Assam, (Attended workshop), March 20-24,2015.
- Workshop Wiley on |”Scholarly Publishing” organized by Wiley and central library, NIT Silchar, India, (Attended) 26th March’2015.
DETAILS OF RESEARCH PAPER REVIEWED
- International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology, (2013) (1 paper reviewed).
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, ICCCA’2015(4 papers reviewed).
- 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks, SPIN’2015 (2 papers reviewed).
- International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication’2015 (3 papers reviewed).
- International Journal of Computer Science & Algorithms, 2015 (1 paper reviewed).
- 6th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics (ICACNI), 2018 (4 papers reviewed).
DETAILS OF COURSE DESIGN EXPERIENCE
- Course name: Topics in Network Security. Sem: 8th, type of course: Level-8th Elective UG, 2008.
- Course name: Neural Networks. Sem:8th, type of course: Elective, Level-UG, 2008.
- Course name: Speech processing. Sem:8th type of course: Elective PG, 2011.
EXPERTS LECTURES/INVITED LECTURES DELIVERED
- Delivered Guest Lecture and Hands-on training on” Introduction to speech recognition and its application” under star college project on 19th May’2014 organized by Department of computer science and its application, Karimganj college, Karimganj-788710, Assam and sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Delivered Guest Lecture and conducted laboratory session on DST sponsored Seven day National Workshop on “Exposure to scientific software and tools for research in physical sciences”, July 25-31’2016, Department of Physics, Karimganj College. Karimganj, Assam.
- Delivered seminar talk on “Merits and Demerits of using Internet” in Kendriya Vidyalaya, NIT Silchar, on July 19th, 2018.
- Delivered Expert Talk on “Introduction to AI, Machine Learning and Their Applications.” at TEQIP-III sponsored One day Workshop on “Recent Trends on Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering”, September 28’2018, Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj, Assam.
- Invited for a speech on “Language Identification: Techniques and Research Issues.” at 2019 International Conference on Soft Computing and Machine Learning (SCML2019), to be held from April 26th-29th, 2019, in Huazhong University of Science and Technology(HUST) International Academic Exchange Center, China.
- Organized workshop on “Image and speech signal processing” from 17th Dec’2008 to 19th Dec’200 by department of CSE and ECE, NIT- Silchar under TEQIP.
- Organized a TEQIP-III sponsored Five day Workshop on “Recent Research Trends and Future Perspective of Machine Learning in Academics & Industry”, in association with Gauhati University Institute of Science & Technology, from October 1st-5th, 2018, at Department of Computer Science & Engineering, NIT Silchar, Cachar, 788010, Assam.
CONFERENCE SESSIONS CHAIRED
- Chaired the session on “Emerging Trends in Machine Learning with special emphasis towards Speech processing, Computer Vision and IOT” in the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Internet of Things (ICCIIoT), December 14-15, 2018, held at NIT Agartala, Tripura, Assam.
- Chaired sessions in the 6th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics (ICACNI), June 04-06, 2018, held at NIT Silchar, Assam.
Ph.D. THESIS EVALUATED
Evaluated Ph.D. thesis as an External Examiner in November’2017 from Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University. Nanded, 431606 (Maharashtra). Title of thesis:”Application of Genetic Algorithms in Scheduling Problems”.
- In charge of operating system laboratory in 2005.
- In charge of CS-11 lab having more than 50 computers.
- Warden of Girls Hostel-1 from July’2012 to May’2013.
- Was a member of Network Management committee on 2009.
- Member of syllabus structure modification for B.Tech in 2006.
- Member of Time-Table Management committee for Jan-June’2008 session.
- Departmental annual report committee for the year 2010-2011.
- Member of syllabus up gradation committee for B.Tech, CSE in 2011.
- IEEE-Member 2010.
- Member of syllabus up gradation committee for M.Tech, CSE in 2015.
- Member, PG Accredition committee For e-SAR , 2015 to present.
- Member, DPMC,Departmental PhD Monitoring committee, August 2017 to present.
- Executive member of “Children of Hope India”, an NGO run by the students of NIT-Silchar.
- CSE departmental Industry Coordinator at NIT Silchar, Oct. 2018 – Present.
- Acted as an expert in the Interview Board for the selection of Computer Instructor/PGT Computer Science in Kendriya Vidyalaya, NIT Silchar, February 2018
- CSE Department and Industry Coordinator for PG/PhD Students.
- Saswati Debnath and P. Roy, “Audio-Visual Speech Recognition based on Machine Learning approach”, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms(IJAIP), 2018. Inderscience. (SCOPUS Indexed). (Accepted)
- Namasudra and P. Roy, “Time saving protocol for data accessing in cloud computing,” IET Communications, 2017. DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2016.0777 (SCI Indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, Pandi Vijayakumar, Sivaraman Audithan, Balamurugan Balusamy,” Time efficient secure DNA based access control model for cloud computing environment”, Future Generation Computer Systems” (SCIE Indexed).
- Namasudra and P. Roy, “A new table based protocol for data accessing in cloud computing,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 585-609, 2017. DOI: 10.6688/JISE.2017.33.3.1 (SCIE Indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, “A New secure authentication scheme for cloud computing environment“, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2016(SCIE Indexed).
- Namasudra and P. Roy, ” A New Table Based Protocol for Data Accessing in Cloud Computing“‘, Journal of Information Science & Engineering, 2017 (SCIE indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, “Secure and efficient data access control in cloud computing environment: A survey“, Journal of Multiagent and Grid Systems, 2016(Scopus, Indexed).
- Mousumi Sarkar , Koushik Saha , Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy “An Efficient and Time Saving Web Service Based Android Application”, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (SSRG – IJCSE), August 2015 Edition.
- Saswati Debnath and Pinki Roy “Study of Speech Enabled Healthcare Technology”, International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics (IJMEI), Inderscience 2017, ,(Scopus indexed) (In press).
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Language Identification of Indian Languages based on Gaussian Mixture Model”, International Journal of Wisdom based Computing, Volume 1(3), December 2011, ISSN 2231-4857, pp. 54-59.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “A Hybrid VQ-GMM Approach for Identifying Indian Languages “, Springer, International Journal of Speech Technology June’2012, Vol.15, Issue-2, DOI: 10.1007/s10772-012-9152-6(Scopus Indexed).
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Comparison of VQ and GMM approach for Identifying Indian Languages”, International Journal of Applied Pattern Recognition, IJAPR, Inderscience Publisher(ESCI Indexed).
- Pinki Roy, Amrit Roy “A New Approach Towards Text Filtering”, Second International conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering,ICCEE’2009, December28-30, Dubai, UAE, iccee vol.2,pp.205-208.
- Pinki Roy, Dr. P.K. Das, Asha Medhi, Kasturi Borah “Speaker Recognition Using Cepstral Coefficients for Steady State Vowels”, 2nd International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, ICCMS 2010, Sanya, China, January 22-24’2010(Accepted but could not be published due to financial constraints).
- Pinki Roy, “Language Recognition of Three Indian Languages based on clustering and supervised Learning”, International Conference on Computer Applications 2010, ICCA’2010, 24-27 December 2010, Pondicherry, India, pp. 77-82, doi: 10.3850/978-981-08-7302-8_1287.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Review of Language Identification Techniques”, 2010 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, ICCIC’2010, December 28-29, 2010, Coimbatore, India, pp.1-4, ISBN: 978-1-4244-5965-0, DOI: 10.1109/ICCIC.2010.5705780.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Automatic Language Identification of three Indian Languages using Vector Quantization”, 4th International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, ICCEE’2011, October 14-16, 2011,Singapore,pp.293-297,ISBN: 978079185984.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, Sandeep Kumar Gupta, “Comparison of SVMs and NNs approach for automatic identification of Indian languages”, 1st International Science & Technology Congress,IEMCONGRESS-2014, August 28-31,2014,Science city, Kolkata, India, pp. 39-44, ISBN:978-93-5107-248-5.
- Pinki Roy, Panchali Roy, Manas Das,” Status of Indian women workforce: problems and issues”, International seminar on Gender, Education & female child labor: A sociological perspective, Department of Bengali, Assam university, Silchar, April 23-25,2013.
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, “Size based Access control Model in cloud computing”, International Conference: Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication & Optimization-EESCO, 6th ICISA 2015, 24th – 25th Jan-2015, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Nilima Ahmed, Pinki Roy, “A Review Study of Digit Recognition System”, IEEE International Conference on NextGen Electronic Technologies: Silicon to Software. March 23rd to 25th 2017, VIT university vellore, Chennai.
- Nilima Ahmed, Pinki Roy, “A secured and authenticated online banking transaction system”, IEEE 1st International Conference on Accessibility to Digital World(16 – 18 December, 2016)“Work In Progress Forum, Poster presentation.
- Pinki Roy, Nilima Ahmed, Saswati Debnath “Facial feature based authentication system from video stream” 58th International Conference on Best Researches, International Organization of Scientific Research and Development (IOSRD) 2017 Bangalore,India.(In press)
- Namasudra, P. Roy, B. Balamurugan and P. Vijayakumar, “Data accessing based on the popularity value for cloud computing,” Proc. of the International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communications Systems (ICIIECS), IEEE, Coimbatore, India, Vol. V, pp. 109-104, 2017.
- Namasudra, P. Roy and B. Balamurugan, “Cloud computing: fundamentals and research issues”, Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Recent Trends and Challenges in Computational Models, IEEE, Trivandivanam, India, 2017.
- Saswati Debnath, and Pinki Roy, “Speaker Independent Isolated Word Recognition based on ANOVA and IFS”, 10th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (ICCMS-2018), 8-10 January, Sydney, Australia (In press).
- Sujit Kumar Das, Arnab Kumar Mishra and Pinki Roy, “Automatic Diabetes Prediction Using Tree Based Ensemble Learners”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and IOT (ICCIIOT), 2018, 14-15 December, 2018, NIT Agartala, Tripura, India.
- Lalduhsaka and Pinki Roy, “A study of Machine Learnig Techniques in Health Informatics”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and IOT (ICCIIOT), 2018, 14-15 December, 2018, NIT Agartala, Tripura, India.
- Arnab Kumar Mishra, Pinki Roy and Sivaji Bandyopadhyay, “Genetic Algorithm Based Selection of Appropriate Biomarkers for Improved Breast Cancer Prediction”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC Series Springer) Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys-2019), 05-06 September 2019, London, United Kingdom (Accepted).
- Saswati Debnath, Pinki Roy, Akash Gupta and Avinash Gurjar, “Automatic Speech Recognition based on Clustering technique”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC Series Springer) The First International Conference on Emerging Technology in Modelling and Graphics (IEMGraph’18), 06-07 September 2018, Kolkata, India (In Press).
- Saswati Debnath, and Pinki Roy, “Isolated Word Recognition based on Difference Statistical and Feature Selection Technique”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC Series Springer) International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Soft Computing (CISC-2017), 20-21 December 2017, Hyderabad, India (In press).
- Irshed Hussain, Pinki Roy, “A Survey of Classification Techniques using Fuzzy Neural Networks for Speech Recognition”, Title of the book : Methods and Applications in Image Analysis. Seventeenth International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, India, November 24-27th’2015, published by RPS online, Singapore.
- Serving as the Faculty Mentor for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center (IEDC) funded project on “Online Marketing of North Eastern Handicrafts”.