Date of Joining- August’2004
- Ph.D. from National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- M. Tech from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra
- B.Tech from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Speech Processing
- Machine Intelligence
- Network Security
- Cloud Computing
- Neural Network
- Language Identification
TEACHING INTEREST (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Introduction to computing
- Computation laboratory
- Data Structure
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
- System Programming
- Neural Network
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Principles of programming language
- Computer Networks
- Graph Theory
- Topics in Network security
- Speech Processing
- Machine learning
- Fundamentals of Computer Science-1 (PG)
- Fundamentals of Computer Science-II (PG)
- Lecturer, Naval Institute of Technology, Colaba, Mumbai, India. (February’2004 to August 2004).
- Assistant Professor, NIT Silchar, Assam, India (August 2004 to present).
Dr. Pinki Roy received her B. Tech degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra (2002, First class with distinction) the M. Tech degree (2004, First class with distinction) from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Maharastra and the Ph.D.degree (2014) in the field of Language Identification from NationalInstitute of Technology, Silchar, Assam-788010, India. (Under NIT-Silchar and Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati MOU scheme). She was working as a Lecturer at Naval Institute of Technology, Colaba, Mumbai, India. (from February’2004 to August 2004). She is currently working as an Assistant Professor, NIT Silchar, Assam, India, and her research interests include Language Identification, Speech Processing, Machine Intelligence, Cloud Computing and Network Security.
Title of the Ph.D Thesis: - Automatic Identification of Indian languages based on various statistical approaches.
Thesis Description:-Here work was mainly focussed on identification of Indian spoken languages especially prevalent in Northeast India. Various existing statistical approaches were compared and a new hybrid approach was proposed for identification of Indian languages with our own recorded database. It has been proved from our experiments that our proposed hybrid approach is better than existing techniques. The research work was published in various IEEE conferences in India and abroad. Our work was also published in various unpaid international Journals like IJST, Springer (regular issue) and Inderscience. Details of the publications are given in Journals and conference listed below.
DETAILS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCES
- Introduction to computing, CS-101 , UG, 1st sem.
- Computation laboratory,CS-102 , UG, 1st sem.
- Data Structure, CS-201, UG, 3rd sem.
- Computer Graphics,CS-302, UG, 5th sem.
- Artificial Intelligence,CS-427, UG, 7th sem.
- System Programming,CS-301, UG, 5th sem.
- Neural Network,UG, 8th sem.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms, UG, 6th sem.
- Principles of programming language, CS-204, UG, 4th sem.
- Computer Networks,CS-306, UG, 6th sem.
- Graph Theory,CS-203, UG, 4th sem.
- Topics in Network security,CS-434 , UG, 8th sem.
- Speech Processing, PG,2nd sem.
- Fundamentals of Computer Science-1,PG,1st sem.
- Fundamentals of Computer Science-II, PG, 2nd sem.
- “Distinguished Alumnus Award”, Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar technological university, Lonere, Maharastra, 2014.
- “Young Scientist Award”, Venus International foundation, Chennai 2015.
- “Rastriya Gaurav Award”, India International Friendship Society, New Delhi 2015.
- “Bharat Excellence Award”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
- “Best Golden personalities Award”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
- “Global Award for Education”, Friendship Forum, New Delhi 2016.
Ph.D. THESIS GUIDED
- Mr. Suyel Namasudra (Full time), 2014-2017, Thesis Title: ‘Efficient and Secure Data Accessing in the Cloud Computing Environment’. (Thesis Submitted)
- Ms. Saswati Debnath (Full time), 2015, ‘Authentication based on Audio-visual recognition of speech’. ( Research in progress)
- Mr.Himanish Shekar Das (Part time), 2015, ‘Speech processing and language identification of Indian languages’. (Research in progress)
- Ms.Happy Nath (Part time), 2017, ‘Medical diagnosis Expert system’. (Research in progress)
- Mr. Binayak Das (Part time) 2017, ‘Speech based Healthcare’. (Research in progress)
M.Tech SCHOLARS GUIDED
- Irshed Hussain, ‘Language Identification of spoken digits using K-ANFIS-SCG for speaker dependent system’. (Submitted 2016)
- Nilima Ahmed, ‘Speech and Facial Feature Based Authentication System’. (Submitted 2017)
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMITTEE MEMBER
- International conference on Signal processing and Integrated networks, IEEE. February 20-21st,SPIN-2014.
- 2nd International conference on Signal processing and Integrated networks, IEEE. February 19-20st,SPIN-2015.
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, ICCCA’2015 May 15-16th,2015.
- International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication’2015 September 14-15th, 2015.
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS ETC. ATTENDED
- ICCIC’2010, Coimbatore, India, ” Review of Language Identification Techniques”, 27th Dec-2010 to 30th Dec-2010.
- ICCEE’2011 Quality hotel, Singapore, “Automatic Language Identification of three Indian Languages using Vector Quantization”, 13th Oct-2011 to 16th Oct-2011.
- IEMCONGRESS-2014 Science city, Kolkata, “India Comparison of SVMs and NNs approach for automatic identification of Indian languages”, 28th Aug-2014 to 29th Aug-2014.
- ICCMS-2018, Sydney, Australia “Speaker Independent Isolated Word Recognition based on ANOVA and IFS”, 8-10 January 2018.
- Seventeenth International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata A Survey of Classification Techniques using Fuzzy Neural Networks for Speech Recognition 24th Nov-2015 to 27th Nov-2015.
- Organized workshop by Dept. of CSE and Dept. of ECE, NIT- Silchar under TEQIP Image and speech signal processing 17th Dec’2008 to 19th Dec’2008.
- ISI-NIT SILCHAR SPRING SCHOOL ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY: Tool AND TECHNIQUES Organized by Machine Intelligence unit, ISI Kolkata and Department of CSE, NIT-Silchar, Assam, (Attended workshop), March 20-24,2015.
- Workshop Wiley on |”Scholarly Publishing” organized by wiley and central library, NIT Silchar, India, (Attended) 26th March’2015
MEMBER OF REVIEWER TEAM/EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD FOR JOURNALS
- Journal of Advanced Research & Science New journal, (yet to be uploaded and updated in the website).
- International Journal of Computer Science & Algorithms (2015).
DETAILS OF RESEARCH PAPER REVIEWED
- International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology, (2013) (1 paper reviewed).
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, ICCCA’2015 ( 4 papers reviewed).
- 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks, SPIN’2015 (number of papers 2).
- International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication’2015 (number of papers 3).
- International Journal of Computer Science & Algorithms, 2015 (number of papers 1).
DETAILS OF COURSE DESIGN EXPERIENCE
- Course name: Topics in Network Security. Sem: 8th, type of course: Level-8th Elective UG, 2008.
- Course name: Neural Networks. Sem:8th, type of course: Elective, Level-UG, 2008.
- Course name: Speech processing. Sem:8th type of course: Elective PG, 2011.
EXPERTS LECTURES/INVITED LECTURES DELIVERED
- Delivered Guest Lecture and Hands-on training on” Introduction to speech recognition and its application” under star college project on 19th May’2014 organized by Department of computer science and its application, Karimganj college, Karimganj-788710, Assam and sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Honored as one of the most distinguished lady alumni from 1995 batch(Ist batch) onwards before the NAAC team members in the yr. 2015 by Computer Engineering Department of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere-402103, Maharastra, India.
- Delivered Guest Lecture and conducted laboratory session on DST sponsored Seven day National Workshop on “Exposure to scientific software and tools for research in physical sciences”, July 25-31’2016, Department of Physics, Karimganj College. Karimganj, Assam.
- Delivered Guest Lecture and conducted laboratory session on DST sponsored Seven day National Workshop on “Exposure to scientific software and tools for research in physical sciences. Organized by Department of Physics, Karimganj College. Karimganj, Assam, July 25-31’2016.
Ph.D. THESIS EVALUATED
Title of thesis:”Application of Genetic Algorithms in Scheduling Problems”.
Evaluated Ph.D. thesis as an External Examiner in November’2017.
Name of University:-Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University.Nanded-431606(Maharashtra).
- In charge of operating system laboratory in 2005.
- Presently in charge of CS-11 lab having more than 50 computers.
- Warden of Girls Hostel-1 from July’2012 to May’2013.
- Was a member of Network Management committee on 2009.
- Member of syllabus structure modification for B.Tech in 2006.
- Member of Time-Table Management committee for Jan-June’2008 session.
- Prepared Departmental annual report for the year 2010-2011.
- Member of syllabus up gradation committee for B.Tech, CSE in 2011.
- IEEE-Member 2010.
- Member of syllabus up gradation committee for M.Tech, CSE in 2015.
- Member, PG Accredition committee For e-SAR , 2015 to present.
- Member, DPMC,Departmental PhD Monitoring committee, August 2017 to present.
- Executive member of “Children of Hope India”, an NGO run by the students of NIT-Silchar.
- S.Namasudra and P. Roy, “Time saving protocol for data accessing in cloud computing,” IET Communications, 2017. DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2016.0777 (SCI Indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, Pandi Vijayakumar, Sivaraman Audithan, Balamurugan Balusamy,” Time efficient secure DNA based access control model for cloud computing environment, Future Generation Computer Systems” (SCIE Indexed).
- S.Namasudra and P. Roy, “A new table based protocol for data accessing in cloud computing,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 585-609, 2017. DOI: 10.6688/JISE.2017.33.3.1 (SCIE Indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy,”A New secure authentication scheme for cloud computing environment”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2016.
- S.Namasudra and P. Roy ” A New Table Based Protocol for Data Accessing in Cloud Computing”‘, Journal of Information Science & Engineering, 2017 (SCIE indexed).
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy,” Secure and efficient data access control in cloud computing environment: A survey”, Journal of Multiagent and Grid Systems, 2016(Scopus, Indexed).
- Mousumi Sarkar , Koushik Saha , Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy “An Efficient and Time Saving Web Service Based Android Application”, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (SSRG – IJCSE), August 2015 Edition.
- Saswati Debnath and Pinki Roy “Study of Speech Enabled Healthcare Technology”, International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics (IJMEI), Inderscience,(Scopus indexed)2017, (In press).
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Language Identification of Indian Languages based on Gaussian Mixture Model”, International Journal of Wisdom based Computing, Volume 1(3), December 2011, ISSN 2231-4857, pp. 54-59.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “A Hybrid VQ-GMM Approach for Identifying Indian Languages “, Springer, International Journal of Speech Technology June’2012, Vol.15, Issue-2, DOI: 10.1007/s10772-012-9152-6(Scopus Indexed).
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Comparison of VQ and GMM approach for Identifying Indian Languages”, International Journal of Applied Pattern Recognition, IJAPR, Inderscience Publisher.
- Pinki Roy, Amrit Roy “A New Approach Towards Text Filtering”, Second International conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering,ICCEE’2009, December28-30, Dubai, UAE, iccee vol.2,pp.205-208.
- Pinki Roy, Dr. P.K. Das, Asha Medhi, Kasturi Borah “Speaker Recognition Using Cepstral Coefficients for Steady State Vowels”, 2nd International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, ICCMS 2010, Sanya, China, January 22-24’2010(Accepted but could not be published due to financial constraints).
- Pinki Roy, “Language Recognition of Three Indian Languages based on clustering and supervised Learning”, International Conference on Computer Applications 2010, ICCA’2010, 24-27 December 2010, Pondicherry, India, pp. 77-82, doi: 10.3850/978-981-08-7302-8_1287.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Review of Language Identification Techniques”, 2010 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, ICCIC’2010, December 28-29, 2010, Coimbatore, India, pp.1-4, ISBN: 978-1-4244-5965-0, DOI: 10.1109/ICCIC.2010.5705780.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, “Automatic Language Identification of three Indian Languages using Vector Quantization”, 4th International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, ICCEE’2011, October 14-16, 2011,Singapore,pp.293-297,ISBN: 978079185984.
- Pinki Roy, Pradip K. Das, Sandeep Kumar Gupta, “Comparison of SVMs and NNs approach for automatic identification of Indian languages”, 1st International Science & Technology Congress,IEMCONGRESS-2014, August 28-31,2014,Science city, Kolkata, India, pp. 39-44, ISBN:978-93-5107-248-5.
- Pinki Roy, Panchali Roy, Manas Das,” Status of Indian women workforce: problems and issues”, International seminar on Gender, Education & female child labor: A sociological perspective, Department of Bengali, Assam university, Silchar, April 23-25,2013.
- Suyel Namasudra, Pinki Roy, “Size based Access control Model in cloud computing”, International Conference: Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication & Optimization-EESCO, 6th ICISA 2015, 24th – 25th Jan-2015, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Nilima Ahmed, Pinki Roy, “A Review Study of Digit Recognition System”, IEEE International Conference on NextGen Electronic Technologies: Silicon to Software. March 23rd to 25th 2017, VIT university vellore, Chennai.
- Nilima Ahmed, Pinki Roy, “ A secured and authenticated online banking transaction system”, IEEE 1st International Conference on Accessibility to Digital World(16 – 18 December, 2016)“Work In Progress Forum, Poster presentation.
- Pinki Roy, Nilima Ahmed, Saswati Debnath “Facial feature based authentication system from video stream” 58th International Conference on Best Researches, International Organization of Scientific Research and Development (IOSRD) 2017 (In press)
- S.Namasudra, P. Roy, B. Balamurugan and P. Vijayakumar, “Data accessing based on the popularity value for cloud computing,” Proc. of the International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communications Systems (ICIIECS), IEEE, Coimbatore, India, Vol. V, pp. 109-104, 2017.
- S.Namasudra, P. Roy and B. Balamurugan, “Cloud computing: fundamentals and research issues”, Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Recent Trends and Challenges in Computational Models, IEEE, Trivandivanam, India, 2017.
- Saswati Debnath, and Pinki Roy, “Speaker Independent Isolated Word Recognition based on ANOVA and IFS”, 10th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (ICCMS-2018), 8-10 January, Sydney, Australia (In press).
- Saswati Debnath, and Pinki Roy, “Isolated Word Recognition based on Difference Statistical and Feature Selection Technique”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC Series Springer) International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Soft Computing (CISC-2017), 20-21 December 2017, Hyderabad, India (In press).
- Irshed Hussain, Pinki Roy, “A Survey of Classification Techniques using Fuzzy Neural Networks for Speech Recognition”, Title of the book : Methods and Applications in Image Analysis. Seventeenth International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India, November 24-27th’2015, published by RPS online, Singapore.