Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date of Joining: 16/08/2015
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Mathematical imaging
- Document image processing
- Vectorization of Engineering Drawings
- Graphic Recognition
- Combinatorial Image Analysis
- Sensor Network System.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
Subjects taught at UG level at the National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur
- Operating Systems (Autumn 2013)
- C Programming (Autumn 2013)
- Data Structures (Spring 2014)
- Microprocessors (Spring 2014)
- Advanced Computer Architecture (Spring 2014)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology Jamshed-
pur, Jharkhand, India, August 20, 2013 till date.
- Advanced Computing and Microelectronics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata, India
January, 2012 March, 2013.
- P. Bhowmick and S. Pal, Fast Circular Arc Segmentation Based on Approximate Circularity and Cuboid Graph, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 98-122, 2014.
- S. Pal and P. Bhowmick, Determining Digital Circularity Using Integer Intervals, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 124, 2012.
- S. Pal, R. Dutta, and P. Bhowmick Circular Arc Segmentation by Curvature Estimation and Geometric Validation, DOI:10.1142/S0219467812500246, International Journal of Image and Graphics, Vol. 12, No. 4, 2012.
- S. Pal and P. Bhowmick, Cubic Approximation of Curve-shaped Objects in Z2: A Generalized Approach Based on Discrete Curvature, Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences & Cryptography, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 407427, 2010.
- S. Pal, P. Bhowmick, A. Biswas, and B. B. Bhattacharya, Understanding Digital Documents Using Gestalt Properties of Isothetic Components, International Journal of Digital Library Systems, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 126, 2010.
- D. Saha, N. Das, and S. Pal, A Digital-Geometric Approach for Computing Area Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks, 10th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technologies (ICDCIT2014) Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Vol. 8337, pp 134-145, 2014.
- S. Pal, P. Bhowmick, and A. Biswas, FACET: A Fast Approximate Circularity Estimation Technique, Proc. 2nd International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT2011), Kolkata, IEEE CS Press, pp. 106109, 2011.
- S. Pal, and P. Bhowmick, Faster Circularity Estimation by Randomization, Proc. Students’ Technology Symposium (TechSym2011), Kharagpur, IEEE CS Press, pp. 160165, 2011.
- S. Pal, P. Bhowmick, A. Biswas, and B. B. Bhattacharya, GOAL: Towards understanding of Graphic Objects from Architectural to Line drawings, 8th Intl. Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC 2009), La Rochelle, France, LNCS, Springer, Vol. 6020, pp. 8192, 2010.
- S. Pratihar, S. Pal, P. Bhowmick, A. Biswas, and B. B. Bhattacharya, Recognition of Handdrawn Graphs Using Digital-geometric Techniques, 12th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR), Kolkata, IEEE CS Press, pp. 8994, 2010.
- S. Pal and P. Bhowmick, Estimation of Discrete Curvature Based on Chain-Code Pairing and Digital Straightness, Proc. 2009 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, (ICIP), Cairo, Egypt, pp. 10971100, 2009.
- Ripon Patgiri, Samir Kumar Borgohan, and Shyamosree Pal, “Elastica: A Large Scale Elastic Array Data Structure” , 8th edition, 2018 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2018), Jan. 04 – 06, 2018, Coimbatore, India, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCI.2018.8441469.