Email: anupam[at]cse.nits.ac.in | abanumail[at]gmail.com
Date of Joining: 05/07/2018
Personal Web Page: https://sites.google.com/site/sbanupambs/home
Institute Web Page: http://cs.nits.ac.in/anupam
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi
- M. Tech., Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
- B. E., Jorhat Engineering College
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION
- Machine Learning – Graph Clustering, Classification, Linear Regression
- Social Network Analysis – Community Detection, Link Prediction
- Nature-inspired optimization-GA, PSO, ACO; DE
- Soft Computing – Applications of Fuzzy System
- Computational Music – Algorithmic composition, Music Retrieval, Raag Analytics, Virtual Music Instruments
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Computer Networking
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “FuzAg: Fuzzy Agglomerative Community Detection by Exploring the Notion of Self-membership”, in IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems (TFS), IEEE, 2018, ISSN: 1063-6706. (SCI, IF 7.671, Accepted)
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Analyzing Evolutionary Optimization and Community Detection Algorithms using Regression Line Dominance”, in Information Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 396, pp. 185-201, 2017, ISSN: 0020-0255. (SCI, IF 4.832)
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Defining Quality Metrics for Graph Clustering Evaluation”, in Expert Systems with Applications (ESWA), Elsevier, vol. 71, pp.1-17, 2017, ISSN: 0957-4174. (SCI, IF 3.928)
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Regression Line Shifting Mechanism for Analyzing Evolutionary Optimization Algorithms”, in Soft Computing (SOCO), Springer, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 6237-6252, 2017, ISSN: 1432-7643. (SCI, IF 2.472)
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Investigating Community Structure in Perspective of Ego Network”, in Expert Systems with Applications (ESWA), Elsevier, vol. 42, no. 20, pp. 6913-6934, 2015, ISSN: 0957-4174. (SCI, IF 3.928)
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Community-based Link Prediction”, in Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer, vol. 76, no. 18, pp. 18619–18639, 2017, ISSN: 1380-7501. (SCI, IF 1.530)
- Anupam Biswas, “Atom Stabilization Algorithm and its Real Life Applications” in Journal of Intelligence and Fuzzy Systems (JIFS), IOS Press, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 2189-2201, 2016, ISSN: 1064-1246. (SCI, IF 1.261)
- Anupam Biswas, B. Biswas, A. Kumar and K. K. Mishra, “Particle Swarm Optimization with Time Varying Cognitive Avoidance Component”, in International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering, Special Issue on Swarm and Artificial Intelligence, InderScience, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 27-41, 2018, ISSN: 1742-7185. (ESCI, Scopus)
- Anupam Biswas, K. K. Mishra, Shailesh Tiwari and A. K. Misra, “Physics-inspired Optimization Algorithms: A Survey” in Journal of Optimization, vol. 2013, Article ID 438152, 16 pages, 2013. (ESCI)
- Anupam Biswas, Shakshi Khandelwal and Bhaskar Biswas, “Community Detection in Networks using Atom Stabilization Algorithm” in 2017 IEEE 4th Intl. Conference on Soft Computing & Machine Intelligence (ISCMI 2017), Nov. 23-24, 2017, Mauritius.
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “A Framework for Analyzing Community Detection Algorithms”, in 2016 IEEE Students’ Technology Symposium (TechSym 2016), 30 Sep.-2 Oct. 2016, pp. 61-66, Kharagpur, India.
- Anupam Biswas, Bhaskar Biswas and K. K. Mishra, “An Atomic Model Based Optimization Algorithm”, in 2nd International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Networks (CINE 2016), 11 Jan. 2016, pp. 63-68, Bhubaneswar.
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Visual Analysis of Evolutionary Optimization Algorithms”, in II International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence, ISCBI 2014, 7-8 Dec. 2014, pp. 81-84, New Delhi.
- Anupam Biswas, Pawan Gupta, Mradul Modi and Bhaskar Biswas, “An Empirical Study of Some Particle Swarm Optimizer Variants for Community Detection”, in Third International Symposium on Intelligent Informatics (ISI’14), 24-27 September 2014, pp 511-520, Delhi, India.
- Anupam Biswas, Pawan Gupta, Mradul Modi and Bhaskar Biswas, “Community Detection in Multiple Featured Social Network using Swarm Intelligence”, in International Conference on Communication and Computing (ICC-2014), 12-14 June 2014, Bangalore, India. (Best Paper Award)
- Anupam Biswas, Anoj Kumar and K. K. Mishra, “Particle Swarm Optimization with Cognitive Avoidance Component”, in 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2013), 22-25 Aug. 2013, pp. 149-154, Mysore, India.
- Anupam Biswas, A. V. Lakra, Sharad Kumar and Avjeet Singh, “An Improved Random Inertia Weighted Particle Swarm Optimization” , in 2013 International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence (ISCBI 2013), 24-26 Aug. 2013, pp. 96-99, New Delhi.
- Anupam Biswas, “An Approach to Adaptive Locality Based Maintenance of Correlated Data”, in 3rd International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology, pp.38-45, 23-25 Nov. 2012, Allahabad.
- Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Swarm Intelligence Techniques and Their Adaptive Nature with Applications” , in “Complex system modeling and control through intelligent soft computations” vol 219, ch. 9, pp. 253-271, 2014, by: Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, Springer-Verlag, Germany.
- Anupam Biswas, Gourav Arora, Gaurav Tiwari, Srijan Khare, Vyankatesh Agrawal and Bhaskar Biswas, “Agglomerative Approaches for Partitioning of Networks in Big Data Scenarios” in “Data Science and Big Data Computing: Frameworks and Methodologies”, ch. 3, pp. 57-78, 2016, Springer-Verlag, Germany.
- Abhishek Garg, Anupam Biswas and Bhaskar Biswas, “Evolutionary Computation Techniques for Community Detection in Social Network Analysis”, in “Advanced Methods for Complex Network Analysis”, ch. 11, pp. 271-289, 2016, IGI Global, USA.
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems (TFS)
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE-TEVC)
- IEEE Systems Journal (IEEE-SJ)
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernatics: System (IEEE TSMC)
- Applied Soft Computing (ASOC)
- ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
- ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications
- Information Sciences