Date of Joining: October 2004
- B. E. from Jorhat Engineering College
- M.Tech from Tezpur University
- Ph.D from NIT, Silchar (For detail Click here)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Won the IBM Shared University Research (SUR) award, 2012.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
Natural Language Processing, Artificial Immune Systems, Computer Vision
Current Semester (July-Dec’ 2016)
- Microprocessor and System Programming
- Introduction to Computing
- Data Structure
- Computer Graphics
- Operating System
- Database Management System
- Machine Learning
- S. Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, Towards a Pictorially Grounded Language for Machine-Aided Translation, International Journal of Asian Language Processing, (IJALP), Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 87-109.
CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS AFTER 2013
- A. K. Yadav and S. K. Borgohain, “Sentence generation from a bag of words using N-gram model,” Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), 2014 International Conference, Ramanathapuram, 2014, pp. 1771-1776. doi: 10.1109/ICACCCT.2014.7019414
- Samir Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, An Immuno-inspired approach towards Sentence Generation, Proceedings of the 2015 on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO ’15), ACM SIGEVO, New York, NY, USA, pp. 97-104. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2739480.2754805 [Paper Acceptance rate at GECCO]
- Sulabh Katiyar and Samir Borgohain. “Lexical Similarity Based Query-Focused Summarization Using Artificial Immune Systems.” Artificial Intelligence Perspectives and Applications. Springer International Publishing, 2015. 287-296.