Date of Joining: October 2004
- B. E. from Jorhat Engineering College
- M.Tech from Tezpur University
- Ph.D from NIT, Silchar (For detail Click here)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Won the IBM Shared University Research (SUR) award, 2012.
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
Natural Language Processing, Artificial Immune Systems, Computer Vision
Current Semester (July-Dec’ 2016)
- Microprocessor and System Programming
- Introduction to Computing
- Data Structure
- Computer Graphics
- Operating System
- Database Management System
- Machine Learning
- S. Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, Towards a Pictorially Grounded Language for Machine-Aided Translation, International Journal of Asian Language Processing, (IJALP), Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 87-109.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Preventing DDoS using Bloom Filter: A Survey“, EAI Endorsed Transaction on Scalable Information Systems, Vol. 5, No. 19, DOI: 10.4108/eai.19-6-2018.155865. Download PDF.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Role of Bloom Filter in Big Data Research: A Survey“, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 9, No. 11, 2018, DOI: 10.14569/IJACSA.2018.091193. Download PDF.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “ScaleBF: A High Scalable Membership Filter using 3D Bloom Filter“, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 9 No. 12, 2018, DOI: 10.14569/IJACSA.2018.091277.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Hunting the Pertinency of Bloom Filter in Computer Networking and Beyond: A Survey“, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Volume 2019, Article ID 2712417, 10 pages, DOI: 10.1155/2019/2712417.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “rDBF: A r-Dimensional Bloom Filter for Massive Scale Membership Query” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, DOI: 10.1016/j.jnca.2019.03.004 [Impact Factor: 3.991].
CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS AFTER 2013
- A. K. Yadav and S. K. Borgohain, “Sentence generation from a bag of words using N-gram model,” Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), 2014 International Conference, Ramanathapuram, 2014, pp. 1771-1776. doi: 10.1109/ICACCCT.2014.7019414
- Samir Borgohain, Shivashankar B. Nair, An Immuno-inspired approach towards Sentence Generation, Proceedings of the 2015 on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO ’15), ACM SIGEVO, New York, NY, USA, pp. 97-104. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2739480.2754805 [Paper Acceptance rate at GECCO] Core Rank: A.
- Sulabh Katiyar and Samir Borgohain. “Lexical Similarity Based Query-Focused Summarization Using Artificial Immune Systems.” Artificial Intelligence Perspectives and Applications. Springer International Publishing, 2015. 287-296.
- Ripon Patgiri, Samir Kumar Borgohan, and Shyamosree Pal, “Elastica: A Large Scale Elastic Array Data Structure” , 8th edition, 2018 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2018), Jan. 04 – 06, 2018, Coimbatore, India, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCI.2018.8441469.
- Ripon Patgiri, Samir Kumar Borgohain, and Arup Bhattacharjee, “rFilter: A Scalable and Space-efficient Membership Filter“, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks (SPIN), 22-25 February, 2018, Noida, UP, India, DOI: 10.1109/SPIN.2018.8474044.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, Dipayan Dev, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Dr. Hadoop Cures In-memory Data Replication System“, 6th International Conference of Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics, to be held on 4-6th June 2018, Assam, India (Accepted).
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Impact of Metadata Server on a Large Scale File System“, 11th IEEE Colombian Conference on Communications and Computing (IEEE-COLCOM 2018), Modellin, Colombia, 16-18th May 2018, DOI: 10.1109/ColComCon.2018.8466729.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Shed More Light on Bloom Filter’s Variants“, 17th International Conference on Information & Knowledge Engineering, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 30 July – 2 August 2018, Download PDF.
- Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “ipBF: A Fast and Accurate IP Address Lookup using 3D Bloom Filter“, 18th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications, VIT Chennai, India, to be held during December 6-8, 2018 (Accepted) Core Rank: C.