Email: ripon[at]nits.ac.in | ripon[at]cse.nits.ac.in | ripon.patgiri[at]gmail.com
Date of Joining: 22/04/2013
Academic/Industrial Experience: 4+ years
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (FULL DETAILS )
- B. Tech. from IETE
- M.Tech. from IIT, Guwahati
- Ph.D. (Ongoing)
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALISATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Big Data
- File System
- Storage System
- Large-Scale Computing
- Apache Hadoop and MapReduce
- Data-intensive Computing
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Data Structures
- Algorithm Design & Analysis
- Computer Networking
- Cloud Computing
SERVED AS TPC
- NGCT 2017.
- ICCCA 2016, 2017.
- InfoComp 2018.
- ICACCCN 2018
Dipayan Dev and Ripon Patgiri, “Dr.Hadoop : An Infinite Scalable Metadata Management for Hadoop—How the baby elephant becomes immortal!“, Springer – Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, Vol. 17, Issue 1, January, 2016, DOI: 10.1631/FITEE.1500015. [Selected one of the best paper among 270 published paper in FITEE from 2016-2017, and offered open access with the cost of FITEE in Springer Link].
Rajdeep Das, Rohit Pratap Singh, and Ripon Patgiri, “MAPREDUCE SCHEDULER: A 360-DEGREE VIEW“, International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), Volume-3(11), 2016, pp. 88-100.
21. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Hunting the Applicability of Bloom Filter“, The Eighth International Conference on Advanced Communications and Computation (INFOCOMP 2018), July 22, 2018 to July 26, 2018 – Barcelona, Spain (Accepted).
20. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Shed More Light on Bloom Filter’s Variants“, 17th International Conference on Information & Knowledge Engineering, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, to be held on 30 July – 2 August 2018 (Accepted).
19. Ripon Patgiri, and Umakanta Majhi, “Big Data Security Analytics: Key Challenges“, 14th International Conference on Data Science (ICDATA’18), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, to be held on 30 July – 2 August 2018 (Accepted).
18. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, Bishal Paul and Tanya Akutota, “Machine Learning: A Dark Side of Cancer Computing“, The 19th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, BIOCOMP’18, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, to be held on 30 July – 2 August 2018 (Accepted).
17. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Impact of Metadata Server on a Large Scale File System“, 11th IEEE Colombian Conference on Communications and Computing (IEEE-COLCOM 2018), Modellin, Colombia, to be held during 16-18th May 2018 (Accepted).
16. Sabuzima Nayak, and Ripon Patgiri, “Big Cancer Computing“, 11th IEEE Colombian Conference on Communications and Computing (IEEE-COLCOM 2018), Modellin, Colombia, to be held during 16-18th May 2018 (Accepted).
15. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, Dipayan Dev, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Dr. Hadoop Cures In-memory Data Replication System“, 6th International Conference of Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics, to be held on 4-6th June 2018, Assam, India (Accepted).
14. Ripon Patgiri, and Sabuzima Nayak, “Data of Things: The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread“, 7th IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP 2018), 3-5th April 2018, Tamil Nadu, India (In press).
13. Ripon Patgiri, Samir Kumar Borgohain, and Arup Bhattacharjee, “rFilter: A Scalable and Space-efficient Membership Filter“, Fifth International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks (SPIN), 22-25 February, 2018, Noida, UP, India (In-press).
12. Ripon Patgiri, Sajid Hussain, and Aditya Nongmeikapam, “Airline Delay Analysis and Prediction“, 5th EAI International Conference on Big data and Cloud Computing Challenges, March 8–9, 2018, VIT, Chennai (In press).
11. Ripon Patgiri, and Rajdeep Das, “rTuner: A Performance Enhancement of MapReduce Job“, The 10th International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (ICCMS), Jan. 08-10, 2017, Sydney, Australia, ACM (In-press).
10. Ripon Patgiri, Samir Kumar Borgohan, and Shyamosree Pal, “Elastica: A Large Scale Elastic Array Data Structure” , 8th edition, 2018 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2018), Jan. 04 – 06, 2018, Coimbatore, India, IEEE (In press).
9. Ripon Patgiri, Sabuzima Nayak, and Samir Kumar Borgohain, “Big Biomedical Data Engineering“, 9th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Chennai, India, IEEE (In-press).
8. Ripon Patgiri, “Issues and Challenges in Big Data: A Survey“, 14th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology, ICDCIT 2018, 11-13 January, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, LNCS, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-72344-0_25.
7. Ripon Patgiri, and Arif Ahmed, “Big Data: The V’s of the Game Changer Paradigm“, 18th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2016), Pages 17-24, Sydney, Australia, doi: 10.1109/HPCC-SmartCity-DSS.2016.0014.
6. Ripon Patgiri, “MDS: In-depth Insight“, 15th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT-2016), Bhubaneswar, India, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/ICIT.2016.048
5. Dhananjay Kumar Singh, and Ripon Patgiri, “Big Graph: Tools, Techniques, Issues, Challenges and Future Directions“, Sixth International Conference on Advance in Computing and Information Technology (ACITY-2016), pp. 119–128, CS & IT-CSCP 2016, doi: 10.5121/csit.2016.60911.
4. Ripon Patgiri, Dipayan Dev and Arif Ahmed, “dMDS: Uncover the hidden issues in Metadata Server design“,4th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics (ICACNI-2016), AISC, Springer, doi: 10.1007/978-981-10-3373-5_53.
3. Dipayan Dev and Ripon Patgiri, “A Survey of Different Technologies and Recent Challenges of Big Data“, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics, Volume 44 of the series Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies pp 537-548, 2016, doi: 10.1007/978-81-322-2529-4_56
2. Dipayan Dev and Ripon Patgiri, “Performance evaluation of HDFS in big data management“, IEEE,High Performance Computing and Applications (ICHPCA), 2014 International Conference, Coimbator, India, pp.1,7, doi: 10.1109/ICHPCA.2014.7045330
1. Dipayan Dev and Ripon Patgiri, “HAR+: Archive and Metadata Distribution! Why Not Both?“, 2015 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics-IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCI.2015.7218119.
- Dipayan Dev and Ripon Patgiri, “A Deep Dive into the Hadoop World to explore its various performances“, in the book “Techniques and Environments for Big Data Analysis “, in the book “Techniques and Environments for Big Data Analysis-Parallel, Cloud, and Grid Computing”, vol. 17, pp 31-51, February, 2016, ISSN: 2197-6503, publisher-Springer International Publishing, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-27520-8_3.
- NMEICT, Two weeks workshop on Introduction to Algorithm, Workshop coordinator, 25-30 May 2015.
- National Workshop on Emerging Trends in Information Technology in University Management, As Workshop Resource Person, Date- 25 to 27th August, 2015, NIT Silchar. Talk-
- “Big Challenges in Big Data: A Tale of 7Vs“,
- “A Modern Weapon in Learning: Learning Management System“,
- “Quick Academic Analysis: Management Information System“
- Joint-coordinator, Four-days Workshop on Multi-agent System and Its Applications in Engineering, from April, 01-04, 2016
- Coordinator, Cloud Computing and Network (Cloud-NET 2017), 11-16 March 2017.
- Associate Member of IETE
- Member of IEEE
- Member of ACM
- Member of EAI